How Are Requests Prioritized?
All requests are reviewed by the maintenance management team. Each request is categorized and prioritized by one of the five following categories:
- Power Issues – no electricity or lighting.
- Safety/Security – building exterior security and room locks, elevator, and fire alarm problems.
- Water – overflowing toilet or sink, roof leak, ceiling leak, clogged drains, or water not flowing.
- Air Temperature – temperature in a controlled building outside of the College’s tolerance range (66-74 degrees.)
- Air Quality – any gas or foul odors that could potentially be harmful.
- Preventative & Deferred Maintenance
- Preventative maintenance – proactive maintenance that deters facilities or equipment from failing.
- Deferred maintenance – larger root cause repairs that require scheduling and planning.
- Routine Maintenance
- Facility maintenance – existing building structures and equipment that are in need of repair.
- Departmental equipment – equipment in need of repair, that is specific to a department’s use (food service, lab equipment, etc.)
- Capitalized renovations and new constructions.
- Replacement and repair of capitalized equipment and structures.
- Requests to alter an existing space or piece of equipment that is not broken.
- Requests to install or create a new space or piece of equipment.
- Handyman requests – hang pictures, install keyboard tray, etc.